Michael Kenifeck of Ballindeasig
....Michael Kenifeck of Ballindeasig was listed as a "principle farmer " in Guy's Postal Directory of 1886. This must be the family that had a good farm of about 100 acres on the Nohoval end of the Ballindeasig estate. In the Tithe Applotment Book (c. 1827) the occupier was "The Widow Kenifeck". Whether this was the family that occupied the Big House during the interval between 1808 when Edmond bought it and c. 1817 when Richard moved in is an intriguing question.
[Source: excerpt of email letter dated January 10, 2004 from Anthony McCan]